Website Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
Located on the unceded shared traditional territory of the Ktunaxa and Secwepemc First Nations,
the local communities of the Shuswap Band and the Akisqnuk First Nation, and the chosen home
of the Columbia Valley Metis, the Columbia Valley is a great place to call home.
The Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce (CVCC) started as the Windermere Board of Trade
in 1911 and has been serving our region for over 100 years. Today, our Chamber supports over
350 business and non-profit members from Canal Flats, to Spillimacheen, to Panorama, and
everything in between. We believe in and embrace the Community & Economic ecosystem that
is needed for a well-balanced region.
This position will bolster many existing initiatives that we already support while growing our ability
to do even more for our region. The successful applicant will be a key member of our Chamber
team, working with businesses and non-profit groups to find out what they need to be successful,
and building supports around this. Our ideal candidate will need to be motivated, able to work
independently, have exceptional people skills, and be comfortable engaging in-person, over the
phone and through virtual tools. While the points below outline the expectations for the role, you
will need to be versatile & open to potential changes as this role inevitably develops greater scope.
DUTIES, DELIVERABLES & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Lead and/or support our existing programs & create new ones relevant to the needs identified. o Recurring Events such as “Lunch & Learns”, “Business After Business”, and “Breakfast Networking”.
Key Events such as”Business Best Ball” and the “Business Excellence Awards”.
- General administrative services and tasks as needed.
- Communications, social media support and tasks, including but not limited to:
- Posting& sharing content on social media.
- Developing e-newsletters, writing articles & blogposts, and distributing these.
- Learn about and assist in delivering visitor information services.
- Directing organizations to support programs throughout our region and beyond.
- With the support of the CVCC Team, apply for and seek funding sources for our organization and others.
- Attend and/or lead in-person and virtual community events with other organizations to learn more ways that we can support the community and our region, including but not limited to: Invermere Business Committee, Fairmont Business Committee, and the Radium Business Committee.
As needed, lead and/or support CVCC committees
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Valid BC driver’s license and insured vehicle that can handle highway driving.
- Knowledge of services and resources available in our region.
- Proven meeting facilitation experience, both in-person and virtual, with proficiency in meeting logistics, presentations, and group participation/engagement skills.
- Experience in media, advertising, writing, and marketing preferable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to work well independently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think creatively and “outside the box”.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic.
- Excellent customer care skills including cold calling and relationship management.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities including proficiency multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks.
- The ability to listen, understand and respond to the needs of organizations and operators.
- Experience with office operations and programs such as QuickBooks and other CRM tools is considered a strong asset.
The CVCC is an equal opportunity employer. While not required, we understand and recognize the importance of candidates with circumstances that may include one or more of the following:
o Currently unemployed or under-employed.
o Youth(up to age 30)
o Individuals with disabilities (either Persons with Disabilities (PWD) designation through the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada.
- No relocation costs will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Pete Bourke, Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce, email email@example.com.
• • • •
To learn more about our organization and some of our key initiatives, please visit the following:
Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
Invest Columbia Valley (Community Economic Development)
Work Columbia Valley (Regionally focused recruitment site)
Columbia Valley Housing Society
We appreciate all applicants who will apply for these roles, however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.