Website Columbia Valley Community Foundation
For Good. For Community. For Ever.
Working with the Executive Director, the Grants Coordinator shall ensure the successful delivery of three granting programs in 2024:
· Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG)
· Community Prosperity Fund (CPF)
· Student Awards
Key responsibilities will include updating and customizing marketing collateral for each program, supporting grant applicants, recruiting and onboarding of grant review committee volunteers, scheduling grant review committee meetings, support of NSG project leaders, attendance of NSG project events and documentation of grant stories for future use in the Foundation’s communications.
The ideal candidate is organized and knowledgeable about the Columbia Valley and its communities. In addition, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with learning and using new digital platforms and has excellent communication skills.
Total project hours are estimated at 214 hours. The project term will begin as soon as the candidate is able and end on December 20, 2024. See anticipated monthly hours in “Working Conditions” below.
There are several duties which require in-person attendance. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Community Engagement – 40%
· Recruit volunteers for NSG and CPF grant review committees.
· Onboard volunteers for NSG and CPF grant review committees.
· Facilitate NSG grant committee meetings
· Update and execute marketing plan for Student Awards program.
· Ensure content respects brand guidelines, accessibility and bilingualism where appropriate.
· Support applicants to the NSG and Student Awards programs.
· Support NSG Project Leaders
· Attend and photograph NSG Project events, take photographs
Communications – 30%
· Customize template materials to recruit the NSG and CPF grant committee members
· Customize template marketing materials for NSG events
· Draft press releases and provide support to Communications Coordinator for social media posts for each grant program
· Develop grant stories from information gathered at NSG project events.
Administration – 30%
· Attend NSG network meetings
· Schedule grant committee meetings and NSG celebration event
· Develop agenda and presentations for grant committee meetings and NSG celebration event
· Prepare documents for approval of grants for CVCF Board
· Conduct NSG Project Leader Survey
· Prepare NSG Project Summary
· Document program processes and points forward for 2025
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2-3 years of project management experience
Knowledge & Skills:
· High standards of professional behaviour, ethical standards, and sound judgment
· Makes sound decisions; bases decisions on quantitative and qualitative factors; analyzes problems skillfully; uses logic to reach solutions.
· Lived experiences or knowledge that contribute to community foundation’s purpose.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, using conventions proper to the situation: states own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with experience working both independently and in a team
· Experience in project management with strong planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated diplomacy and discretion in handling delicate and confidential matters
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Proficient in Microsoft 365 Office applications; Canva knowledge is an asset
· Hybrid; Partially in open office environment shared with the Executive Director and partially at home
· This position is for an independent contractor who will utilize their own laptop and their own vehicle to attend events. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
· Hours of work are flexible. However, there are milestones that must be achieved on time to ensure successful program delivery. The anticipated hours for each month are projected as:
February to April : 32-36 hours per month
May to December: 12-16 hours per month
Send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF file with subject referencing the job title and your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2024 at 11:59 pm. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to capacity constraints, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted until the right candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.