Website Invermere Home Hardware Building Centre
Customer-focused and community-minded great place to work!
Join our growing team and build a career you’re proud of!
Invermere Home Hardware is looking for people like you to join our growing team. We are a family run business and have been successfully serving the Columbia Valley for over 30 years.
Invermere Home Hardware Building Centre requires an Appliance Installer & Deliverer for the Invermere, Canal Flats, Golden and surrounding areas. The candidate will drive a cube van ranging from 3/4 ton to 5 ton, Class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract, no air brake endorsement required. The driver is responsible for the safe and compliant operation of the truck as well as getting the product to the customer on schedule and in original shipping condition. This is a physically demanding job!
– With the assistance of team member(s), will unload appliances at customers’ homes and commercial builder sites, uncrate and set-in-place in the area requested by customer, and may perform installations and removal services.
– Verify product condition and order accuracy during loading and unloading
– Be mindful and considerate to customer’s home and product
– Report any damage to product and/or customer’s home immediately
– Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations
– Participate and comply with all health and safety guidelines, initiatives and training to ensure a safe workplace
– Provide excellent customer service throughout the delivery and setup process
– Complete other assigned tasks as required; when not on delivery you will be helping with organizing the warehouse and merchandising in the store.
– Review inventory on a weekly basis that relates to installation add-on’s, such as: hoses, elbow connections, dryer clamps, venting, etc.
– Perform daily cleaning and preventative maintenance duties of the delivery vehicle.
– Ensure and co-ordinate vehicular maintenance as scheduled on the delivery vehicles
– Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License/ Clean Abstract
– Delivery/Install experience preferred
– Experience and knowledge of vehicle inspections and BC road regulations
– Ability to lift/climb/bend/stoop/reach and move heavy items and large appliances
– Ability to use hand tools to complete basic appliance install and removal
– Communicate with internal and external contacts with tact, courtesy and respect
– Basic installation of washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwaves, fridges
– Extreme attention to detail/care in customer/client homes and handling of merchandise
– Excellent customer service
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.