Website Kicking Horse Coffee
Wake Up & Kick Ass
YOUR DAILY MISSION: Nourish and fuel our kick-ass crew with delectable lunch offerings.
WHO ARE WE?
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
And our coffee beans aren’t the only ones winning awards around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been a certified Great Place to Work® since 2015. In 2018, we were named the #1 Best Workplace in Canada. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to become a living wage employer.
In 2023 we opened the doors to our reimagined, flagship café. It’s brand spankin’ new! It’s as close to fresh roasted coffee as it can get. Where human beans and coffee beans are connected. Where everyone who comes through the doors leaves slightly more caffeinated and a whole lot more loved.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a passionate culinary creator with a skill for creating connection through exceptional meals and experiences. You co-create with your leadership team to develop and deliver innovative recipes and delicious food that feeds the soul. Specifically, your skills and passion will help fuel our entire onsite staff at Kicking Horse Coffee as well as support the Café kitchen operations. You connect with people, through fun, friendliness, and of course flavour. Our staff will love your food because they know it was made with LOVE.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a cook and food extraordinaire, you will work with our kick-ass culinary leadership team to make some of the finest and freshest food around! You will be responsible for developing and delivering our staff lunch program in collaboration with our Manager of Taste and First Cook, making sure our staff are fed, nourished, and ready to kick ass! When not fueling our team, this role supports the fueling of our community assisting kitchen team with food prep and line cook tasks. To get specific, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare lunch offerings according to standard recipes.
- Develop, create, and enhance our lunch time staff menu, using your creative soul and passion for freshness and flavor.
- Lead and deliver the prep and cooking for our staff lunch offerings, ensuring our lunches are ready to go for all staff and guests.
- Plan, track, order and stock baby! Make sure our inventory will meet our daily and weekly requirements to feed the bunches.
- Keep our work area, ingredients, utensils, and equipment cleaned and well maintained. Treat our brand-new shiny kitchen with love and care.
- We’re a team – support different functions of the Café and kitchen as needed including slicin’, dicin’, and sizzlin’.
- Bring the energy, ideas, and participation to our Café Team meetings, share your food knowledge, ideas, and overall positive vibes.
- We like to keep things fun, fresh, and safe around here for all folks that visit or work at our Café (including you!) This means:
– Ensure our products are consistently exceptional and high quality, both during and after cooking.
– Complete daily checks to ensure freshness and quality standards are met.
– Following operational policies and procedures, especially those for food handling.
- Prior experience working in a kitchen is a must!
- Experience working a leadership position within a kitchen is an ASS-et.
- Ability to deliver a kick ass customer service and culinary experience.
- You thrive in an environment where there are multiple things going on, and at times can be high pressure. Food to be chopped, dishes to be cleaned… you know the drill!
- Food Safe Level 1 or a willingness to take or refresh.
- You are an excellent communicator, with exceptional verbal, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25-40 pounds.
LOVE Passion for food and a creative and unconventional culinary approach. An appetite and aptitude for creating healthy menu items.
AWAKE Genuine, professional, and fun disposition, with a positive, “glass half full” outlook on life. Think fast! You are on top of it, a solutions-oriented problem solver and quick thinker.
INTENTIONAL Thrives under pressure. In the middle of a busy kitchen, with many dishes, and plenty of orders, and staff lunches needing to be made, you got er covered. This ain’t your first rodeo.
Annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail; high standards for quality; excellent time management.
SOPHISTICATED You have the 3 R’s:
- Ready to rock our staff’s tastebuds with a nutritious and delicious lunch
COURAGEOUS You are independent and comfortable working as part of a team and on your own.
PERKS TO PIQUE YOUR INTEREST
When individuals thrive, communities thrive. And we are here to help that happen. The following perks and programs have been designed with intention, to ensure our people prosper.
- What about the dough?! This position starts at $21.12 per hour… and will receive those juicy tips for the 24 hours per week allotted to Café service
- An annual $700.00 Wellness & Recreation Allowance*
- 4 Weeks Paid Vacation after 1 year*
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits**
- Environmental & Community giving programs
- The best perk of all, an exceptional crew of human beans that love what they do and kick ass at it too.
- Foodies, cooks, coffee lovers, fun havers and hard workers alike.
*Pro-rated depending on hours of work
**Minimum 24 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Create your account with our candidate portal (through Get Hired) and submit your resume and application form. Since you’re more than just a resume, please be prepared to answer a few questions about yourself including:
- Tell us one thing about yourself that we would not find on your resume.
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What inspires you about small-town, mountain living?
SPIRIT OF LOVE
Love means welcoming everyone to ensure an inclusive place for all. We seek team members from all walks of life, backgrounds, and cultures.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.