Website North Star Hardware and Building Supplies Ltd. (RONA)
We are hiring for a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
We are seeking an Office Support Clerk to assist the bookkeeper with day-to-day administrative and financial operations. This position is also instrumental in supporting customers with general inquires and resolving customer issues.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Operations the duties and responsibilities of the Office Support Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Reconciles prior day’s Point of Sale (POS) activity;
· Verifies cash on hand and investigates shortages and/or overages;
· Finds any discrepancies between Cash Out Report and actual cash/cheques;
· Contacts customers if there are any errors with their cheque;
· Adjusts deposit where necessary;
· Prepares bank deposit according to Cash Out Report and/or with any discrepancies and document any discrepancies;
· Makes change in cashbox / prepare coin order if needed;
· Runs Received on Account (ROA) report and Daily Sales Report;
· Processes payments on accounts according to ROA report;
· Adjusts payments if needed from cash out balancing;
· Processes credit card transactions per General Ledger and investigate any discrepancies;
· Enters Rona invoices by verifying invoice matches Purchase Order (PO) receiving document and investigates if they do not match (process may involve the individual who received/ordered the product);
· Completes the purchasing/receiving process, uploads to accounts payable, and finishes with completing the Accounts Payable (AP) steps;
· Enters all non-Rona invoices, ensuring they are correctly coded to GL and file for payment;
· Process payments on accounts and enter invoices into AP;
· Assists with or prepares statements that are run the first day of the month (if this lands on a weekend or holiday, runs it the next business day);
· Processes all payments on accounts before running the statements;
· Pulls out statements that are for staff members, clients with just Fixed Costs (FC’s);
· Stamps any statements that show past due payments with appropriate stamp;
· Opens mail and distributes to proper individuals (i.e. receiving, purchaser etc.);
· Prepares correspondence for outgoing mail, ensures postage is applied;
· Files all documents appropriately in the box regularly;
· Assists customers or vendors with any discrepancies with their account(s); and
· Works to resolve issues individually where possible, asks for guidance as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent;
· Minimum Two (2) years of experience in an office administration or accounting role;
· Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
· Accountable and dependable;
· Positive attitude to work in a team environment as well as independently;
· Exceptional attention to detail to produce accurate and quality of work; and
· Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills to manage competing priorities.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
Kindly forward your resume and with cover letter via email to email@example.com
North Star Hardware welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information, check us out online at https://www.northstarhardware.ca/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.