Website Regional District of East Kootenay
Nestled within the beautiful Rocky and Purcell Mountains, in the southeast corner of British Columbia, the East Kootenay region is a four-season destination. The region boasts unlimited year-round outdoor recreation including skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, golfing, boating, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, mountaineering, white-water rafting and snowmobiling. The Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) serves over 60,000 permanent residents and approximately 25,000 to 30,000 seasonal residents. The region is diverse, home to several unincorporated communities, eight municipalities and four First Nations communities.
The Regional District of East Kootenay is looking for an experienced Water/Wastewater Operator 1, 2, or 3 located out of the Columbia Valley Office. Under the supervision of the Utilities Superintendent and guidance of the Operator Foreman, the Water/Wastewater Operator is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining 5 water and 2 wastewater systems.
· Progressive experience (one to five years) maintaining water and wastewater utilities, preferably in a local government setting.
· Class I, II or III Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator Certificates.
· Class I, II or III Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificates.
· Possession of a Chlorine Handling Certificate.
· Valid British Columbia Driver’s Licence.
Key Skills & Abilities:
· Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater systems and applicable government regulations.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SCADA monitoring systems.
· Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with contractors, developers, applicable regulating agencies, staff, and the general public.
This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting salary hourly rate of $30.65/hr to $40.22hr depending on qualifications.
The position will remain open until filled. If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references to:
Ashley Venturato, Human Resources Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [MS Word format or PDF]
Please quote: 2023-14
Information on our organization and a copy of the complete job description is available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.