Website Regional District of East Kootenay
Nestled within the beautiful Rocky and Purcell Mountains, in the southeast corner of British Columbia, the East Kootenay region is a four-season destination. The region boasts unlimited year-round outdoor recreation including skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, golfing, boating, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, mountaineering, white-water rafting, and snowmobiling. The Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) serves over 60,000 permanent residents and approximately 25,000 to 30,000 seasonal residents. The region is diverse, and home to several unincorporated communities, eight municipalities, and four First Nations communities.
Under the supervision of the Utilities Superintendent, the Administrative Secretary (CV) has responsibility for receptionist and cash handling duties and provides administrative and clerical support to the Building and Engineering departments.
As the successful candidate you are:
· Able to complete assignments with attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and confidentiality.
· Computer literate with experience in land management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Engage with fellow employees, the public, and outside agencies in a courteous manner.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Knowledge of cash management systems.
· Maintain composure and find solutions when dealing with difficult customers.
· Organize work schedule to meet deadlines and priorities.
· One year Office Administration Certificate.
· One-year administrative experience.
The Administrative Secretary CV (casual) position is expected to have a commitment of 1-2 days per week. In addition, provide coverage for vacation and sick leave within the team, which would include full weeks of work at various times. The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring seamless operations during absences and contribute to maintaining a high level of customer service and efficiency. The starting hourly rate is $29.74.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter with references, no later than 12:30 pm Friday, February 23, 2024, to:
Ashley Grobell, Human Resources Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format or PDF)
Please quote: 2024-09
Information on our organization and a copy of the complete job description is available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.