Website Regional District of East Kootenay
The Regional District of East Kootenay is currently offering an excellent opportunity for a qualified and motivated individual to join our team as the Building and Engineering Services Secretary. This temporary position, based at the Columbia Valley Office, spans a period of one year.
The Building and Engineering Services Secretary reports directly to the Utilities Superintendent. The position’s main responsibilities will revolve around managing building permitting systems data and providing valuable administrative support to both the Development and Engineering Services Departments.
As the successful candidate you are:
· Computer literate with experience in land management systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Able to engage with fellow employees, the public and outside agencies in a courteous manner.
· Known for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
· Knowledge of cash management systems.
· Knowledge of utility account database systems.
· Maintain composure and find solutions when dealing with difficult customers.
· One year Office Administration Certificate.
· One year administrative experience.
This is a temporary, 1 year, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate of $27.82/ hour with an increase to $29.21/hour after a successful 6-month probation period.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are invited to forward a resume including a cover letter, prior to 4:30 pm, Friday June 2, 2023 to:
Ashley Venturato, Human Resources Manager
E-mail:(MS Word or PDF format)
Please quote: 2023-19
Information on our organization and copy of complete job description are available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.