Website Shuswap Band
To provide individual learning support to grade K-12 Shuswap students.
Who Are You?
You enjoy working one on one with students and have a passion for learning and teaching. You can flex
and adapt on a dime and know how to weave in creative and cultural elements in your teaching that ignite
engagement for learning in a safe and caring environment.
What Will You Do?
You will work closely with the Shuswap Band education team to understand essential learning needs and
help deliver personal education plans and materials to individual learners.
• Work closely with the Education team to align personal education plans with individual lesson
• Gain a clear understanding of any unique needs and learning objectives for each student.
• Schedule tutoring appointments with parents and students and prepare for lessons in advance.
• Weave in creative lesson planning to engage and educate students.
• Establish a welcoming, warm, and caring learning environment.
• Connect and collaborate with parents and keep them informed of student’s progress and
• Aim to understand what sparks students’ interest in learning and incorporate that into lesson
• Facilitate problem-solving with a curious mind while exercising critical thinking.
• Recognize the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance with an
ability to teach the “whole person”.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Recent teaching experience is a plus!
• Theoretical and practical understanding of the subject being taught.
• Ability to teach students of all ages at varying levels of understanding and proficiency.
• Experience working with children in a supervised setting.
• Experience preparing lesson plans and delivering personalized instruction in person and online.
• Willing to provide a valid vulnerable sector criminal record check.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Exceptional at building trusting relationships.
• Calm, patient, empathetic, and kind.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills. You are a clear, concise communicator.
• Highly organized. Solid time management skills.
• An understanding of the history of First Nations in British Columbia, and an interest to learn more
about the history, culture, practices, socioeconomic conditions, rights, and future vision of
Schedule and Compensation
This is a contract opportunity starting as soon as possible. Hours are flexible and schedules are based on
individual student needs. Ideally, the successful candidate would be available to support future
educational programs on an as-needed, contract basis. Wages range from $22.50 – $40.00/per hour,
pending experience and education.
If interested, please apply to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.