Website thinkBright Homes ltd.
home building company specializing in high-performance homes
This position involves carpentry, project coordination, and management. While you won’t spend much time at a desk, you need to be as effective with paperwork and organization as you are with a hammer.
In your role with thinkBright, you will:
- Lead hands-on construction of new homes to Step 5 of the BC Energy Step Code
- Lead implementation of Deep Energy Retrofits including replacement of windows and doors, over-insulation, and air-sealing
- Be responsible for on-site project and crew management for a specified project or projects
- Participate in weekly management meetings with all thinkBright Site Supervisors
- Help to build and be part of a company-wide team approach to construction that is changing the norm of workplace culture on construction sites.
- This position requires, at minimum, 5 years residential construction work experience as a carpenter, and a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory or site management context.
- If you also have building science, green building, and/or energy efficiency expertise, that makes you an extra-great fit for this position!
- You are a journeyman (or woman) carpenter with at least 5 years residential construction experience
- You have at least 2 years experience in on-site project management
- You may have education and/or experience in energy efficient construction and/or building science
- You are capable of and have experience with all aspects of residential construction from foundations to finishing. In short, you can lead a crew and build a house!
- You have a valid driver’s license and are physically capable of the regular duties of construction
- You have the ability to communicate via email and/or text during regular working hours.
Wages commensurate with experience, and will be a living wage for our region. We offer an excellent health and benefits package.
About work with thinkBright Homes:
After a days’ work building high performance homes that make our planet a better place, you head to the lake for a paddle. Sounds good? You belong with thinkBright. As a part of our team, you spend your days in interesting, purpose driven work, developing a strong career in the future of home-building while spending evenings and weekends exploring the local outdoor playground.
thinkBright Homes is a growing home building company specializing in high-performance, energy efficient, and carbon-smart custom homes and deep-energy retrofits in and around the Columbia Valley, British Columbia. Together with our exceptional crew, we are building houses that are capturing national attention for our affordable approach to superior quality, energy efficiency, and comfort. If you are an outdoors-lovin’, eco-friendly, curious, hardworking human, passionate about quality carpentry, then thinkBright is the team for you.
Careers with thinkBright offer you the opportunity to put your values to work as you build your carpentry career:
- Quality: Build the highest quality homes – we are leading the field in energy efficiency and building performance with the goal of also being attainable at mid-market pricing.
- Lifestyle: This 4-season community offers a world class outdoor recreation lifestyle and very high quality of life – we work where we play with a schedule that balances both.
- Improvement: Take advantage of on-the-job training and up-skilling in the construction of future-proof homes.
- Diversity: Participate in an exciting and diverse work environment where you will work directly on all aspects of construction.
- Well-being: Work in a friendly, modern workplace that supports professional and personal development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.