Website thinkBright Homes ltd.
home building company specializing in high-performance homes
This position involves all aspects of your carpentry toolbelt. From foundations to framing to finishing, you’ll be working with a dedicated team that cares as much about craftsmanship as you do.
In your role with thinkBright, you will work with our team to:
- construct new homes to Step 5 of the BC Energy Step Code
- implement Deep Energy Retrofits including replacement of windows and doors, over-insulation, and air-sealing.
- help to build and be part of a company-wide team approach to construction.
The Essential Qualifications:
- This position requires, at minimum, 3 years residential construction work experience as a carpenter.
- If you also have building science, green building, and/or energy efficiency expertise, that makes you an extra-great fit for this position!
- You are a journeyman (or woman) carpenter with at least 3 years residential construction experience.
- You may have education and/or experience in energy efficient construction and/or building science.
- You are capable of and have experience with all aspects of residential construction from foundations to finishing. In short, you can build a house!
- You have the ability to communicate via email and/or text during regular working hours.
- You have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- You are physically capable of the regular duties of construction.
Wages commensurate with experience, and will be a living wage for our region. We offer an excellent health and benefits package.
About working with thinkBright Homes:
After a days’ work building high performance homes that make our planet a better place, you head to the lake for a paddle. Sounds good? You belong with thinkBright. As a part of our team, you spend your days in interesting, purpose driven work, developing a strong career in the future of home-building while spending evenings and weekends exploring the local outdoor playground.
thinkBright Homes is a growing home building company specializing in high-performance, energy efficient, and carbon-smart custom homes and deep-energy retrofits in and around the Columbia Valley, British Columbia. Together with our exceptional crew, we are building houses that are capturing national attention for our affordable approach to superior quality, energy efficiency, and comfort. If you are an outdoors-lovin’, eco-friendly, curious, hardworking human, passionate about quality carpentry, then thinkBright is the team for you.
Careers with thinkBright offer you the opportunity to put your values to work as you build your carpentry career:
- Quality: Build the highest quality homes – we are leading the field in energy efficiency and building performance with the goal of also being attainable at mid-market pricing.
- Lifestyle: This 4-season community offers a world class outdoor recreation lifestyle and very high quality of life – we work where we play with a schedule that balances both.
- Improvement: Take advantage of on-the-job training and up-skilling in the construction of future-proof homes.
- Diversity: Participate in an exciting and diverse work environment where you will work directly on all aspects of construction.
- Well-being: Work in a friendly, modern workplace that supports professional and personal development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.